- This event has passed.
National Gathering for Indigenous Education
November 29, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 1, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Education and Reconciliation: Moving forward together
Canada’s 150th is a time to celebrate, renew and rebuild our relationships. Indigenous education is a reciprocal process that includes cultures, traditions, and histories and engages students, staff, parents, and community partners to collaborate for student success. Closing the gap in Indigenous education is critical for the future of Canada. The National Gathering is a place where educators and partners can share their experiences and work together to improve the educational outcomes of K- 12 Indigenous students. This conference is another step towards reconciliation and presents workshops within four categories: knowing, feeling, doing, being.
Celebrating and exploring our rich Indigenous cultures, traditions, and histories; this conference engages educators, and community partners to collaborate for student success.
Why should you attend?
- Share Successful Practices and research
- Network with educators from across Canada
- Participate in practical workshops that address the cognitive, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of K-12 Indigenous students
- Listen to inspiring keynote and guest speaker addresses
- Celebrate excellence at the Guiding the Journey: Indigenous Educator Awards dinner ceremony (November 30, 2017)
- Learn about Indspire’s K-12 Institute programs and resources for educators
- Workshops, keynote and guest speaker addresses
- Access to education-focused exhibitors at the tradeshow on Thursday and Friday
- Breakfast and lunch on November 30 and December 1, 2017
Registration Rates and Deadlines
2017 Indspire National Gathering Registration Rates and Deadlines
** Note that all delegate prices in 2017 INCLUDE one ticket to the Guiding the Journey Awards Ceremony (a $175 value in 2016)