Welcome to eSocSci Hui Rangahau Tahi
eSocSci connects New Zealand social scientists and their ideas across all disciplines, sectors and locations
Director of eSocSci Associate Professor Robin Peace
Robin Peace is an Associate Professor in Research and Evaluation at the School of People Planning and Environment at Massey University Wellington.
eSocSci also has an academic Advisory Group with representatives from universities and public organisations around New Zealand.
eSocSci Website Team
eSocSci is run by a small team, mostly working part time, including Project Manager Andrea Marsden and Web Administrator Rhiannon Davies based at Massey University, Wellington and Network and Seminar Co-ordinator Melanie Milicich based at Auckland University.
eSocSci is for:
New academics to build networks and develop their ideas and research
Experienced academics to share their wisdom
Researchers and policy makes to discover and share ideas and research
Why do we need eSocSci?
To facilitate disciplinary and sector crossover. Locally and internationally, social scientists are called upon to tackle pressing social issues: how to respond to climate change, inequality, and development. Sharing our intellectual capital across disciplines and sectors will position us to meet these challenges. In New Zealand social scientists are spread among many disciplines, sectors and geographical locations. eSocSci is a mechanism for crossing these boundaries.
What can I do on eSocSci?
- Join a network and meet other social scientists
- Create a network to reflect your area of interest
- Share your ideas and research in our blogs
- Learn about events and calls for papers
- Share your events or calls
- Contribute to network forums and get feedback on your work, ideas and questions
- Share your advice and ideas on forums and in blog feedback
- Attend our webinars, seminars and econferences
- Get inspired and informed by our blog