- This event has passed.
Climate Change Platform Project Hui
December 5 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on December 6, 2018 at 9:00am
The Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga Climate Change Platform Project is working with and coordinating a multidisciplinary team of Māori researchers with respect to climate change to identify existing climate change mitigation and adaption solutions for Māori across several domains: Te Taiao (Environment), Mauri Ora (Flourishing Communities) and Whai Rawa (Māori Economy). For further info see:
You are invited to participate in upcoming ZOOM hui where we aim to identify the key priorities and issues affecting Māori with respect to climate change. Your contribution will help guide the development of a position paper on climate change and Māori communities.
We will be facilitating a series of six (6), one hour ZOOM hui on the 5th and 6th December 2018. Each hui will be on the same topic so just choose one to attend. The times are:
- Wednesday 5th December 9am-10am
- Wednesday 5th December 10am-11am
- Wednesday 5th December 1pm-2pm
- Thursday 6th December 9am-10am
- Thursday 6th December 10am-11am
- Thursday 6th December 1pm-2pm
Potential focus areas for discussion may include:
- The impact of climate change on: human health, infrastructure including marae, water quality, declining biodiversity, tipping points, invasive pests, increasing poverty and economic well-being
- Exploring climate change from a holistic or kaupapa Māori framework e.g. utilising Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga’s themes of Te Taiao (The environment), Mauri ora (Flourishing communities) and Whai Rawa (The Maori economy) as a frame of reference.